Thursday, May 9, 2013

What Happened?

Hey guys, Matt here with a long-overdue post.

Well, what happened?

Lots.

I lived the GTR for several years and I enjoyed it immensely. Without a doubt the most exhilarating automobile to have come from Japan, and in my humble opinion, Japan's true supercar. Some might call me a purist, but I believe the GTR-series ended with the BNR34. To me, a GTR is defined by an Inline-6 twin-turbo motor in a menacing coupe body with a 5 or 6-speed on the floor and round tail lamps. That's it.

Well, life changes and so do people, me being one of them. I will one day return to the GTR life but I have since found a new project with a clean JDM-specification S15 Spec-R.

Some might say I traded down, but I must say the S15 has an endearing quality about it, I'm not sure exactly what it is but it makes you love it more and more. Where the GTR commands respect and reserved driving on the street if one intends to keep their license, the S15 brings a whole new take on the idea of driving to have fun.

In my personal experience, owning a 'fun' car is all about the looks, sounds, feelings and experiences the car gives you and in a short time the S15 has shown me that going fast is not all driving is about. I don't know if I'm getting old but I find that I have toned my driving considerably both on and off the street.

A lot of people compare the S-chassis cars to their GTR cousins and so too I myself. Things like 'oh it's not as fast as the GTR...not as capable etc' but it doesn't pretend to be. It's a substantial package, with a tight chassis, reasonable 184kw motor in JDM guise, significantly lighter at around 1200KG and posesses a rather pleasant interior.

My aim with this car is to keep it clean (my OCD showing here...) but to also explore the stance/fitment lifestyle that I've been obsessing over the past two years. I've been lucky to find a clean and relatively unmolested JDM Spec-R you see below, I'll run through the specs below:

Make: Nissan
Model: JDM-Spec S15
Colour: Pearl White
Grade: Spec R
Powerplant: SR20 DET

Suspension: Unknown-model Apexi Coilovers, Hardrace rear camber arms
Wheels: Enkei RPF01 17x9.5 +15 (to be confirmed)
Intake: Simota aluminium intake pipe with HKS Mushroom
Exhaust: Unknown-model Apexi cat-back system



I hope you will enjoy this blog and join me on the next part of my journey as I document my first ever S-chassis project :)

Cheers

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment